God Waits So He May Be Glorified-Blessed Are Those Who Wait For Him!






One morning, after Steve and I had our prayer time, I drove out to do errands. I went a different way and saw a For-Sale sign on a house 2 blocks away. God had spoken to Steve and me that morning about buying a home and renting it out to our son and his friends. He'd had health challenges and we asked God how we could help. I called the number on the sign and the realtor let me know the house had been for sale 3 YEARS and they'd LOWERED the price 40K the day before. I called Steve and our realtor friend. He showed us the house that evening. It was amazing for sitting 3 yrs. Our friend told us it was a short sale and two banks were involved. He tried to talk us out of it, saying short sales can take yrs. He said they wanted $1200.00 to turn the water on the second time. (First for inspection was free the other appraisal wasn't) My hubby wanted to back out, and I piped up and said, "Can we see what God wants to do?" He agreed. I prayed and went to the water dept. It wasn't $1200 it was $46.00. Our realtor friend was shocked. We moved forward. In the meantime, inspection uncovered the siding needed to be replaced. Steve began once again to get cold feet and wanted to look at other options. I said, "Can we see what God wants to do?" He wasn't yet convinced. We got bids for the siding and found it would cost $20K. Steve said to the realtor, "Let's see if they will lower the price by $20K." Our friend said, "You will NEVER get two banks to agree on lowering the price 20K." THEY DID!! When it was all said and done, it took 6 months, we got an AWESOME God home, our son moved in, and met a wonderful young lady 2 months later. They have been married for 3 1/2 yrs and have two kids. Our realtor friend said, "YOU KNEW ALL ALONG SHERRIE. Wow, you JUST KNEW!" Moral of the story? I've learned to WAIT, especially if things DON'T APPEAR to be going well! I WAIT, and PRAY, and let God have His way in His TIME!! I want what GOD WANTS! He has the BEST

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May we stand on His Rock when we find ourselves in a storm

We CAN stand UNSHAKABLE in our faith!